An almost unmissable tradition in National Holidays is the barbecue with family or friends. However, a pleasant celebration can turn into a tragedy if the proper precautions are not taken. That is, we give you key tips to enjoy barbecue without accidents.
One of the best ones is to buy quality meat to start out with.
The reason for that is that the quality of the meat is determining more than halve of the outcome on the meat.
The fat content and marbling of meat are responsible for keeping it moist and have a large effect on the moisture content of the food as you can read here.
- Choose a safe place to place the grill: the first thing to do is find a suitable place to install the grill. The professional indicates that “it must be placed in an open place and away from branches or trees so that a fire does not occur.”
- Keep a container with water nearby: a bucket or container with water nearby is the best before any fire starts. Toro also indicated that the embers should be turned off gradually and not throw the water at once, due to the spread of the ashes and eventual damage to the grill structure.
- Do not use flammable liquids: in the case of a charcoal grill, the expert recommends not using flammable liquids to light the fire and not throwing papers that can come out due to the action of the wind.
- Check the connections of the gas grill: if you use a grill of this type, it is necessary to check the connections and the cylinder with fuel in order to detect any leaks or cracks that may cause inflammation and eventual gas explosion.
- Roast in a place with ventilation: Toro adds that this measure must be carried out with both a charcoal and gas grill since if the grill is in a totally closed place, carbon monoxide accumulates.
- Put the grill in place away from children: The fundamental thing is that they are away from children, especially the little ones who may be playing or running near the grill. An adult could burn their hands or legs, but in the case of a child, the damage caused by fire could cover a greater surface area of their body.
What To Do In Case Of Burns
In the event that a burn occurs, the expert advises “to put the affected area under a stream of cold water to reduce pain and, if possible, remove the clothing, unless it is stuck to the skin. Afterward, the wound should be covered with a clean cloth, and no other element should be applied before taking the child or adult to an emergency service ”.
The teacher points out that whether it is mild or deep, the wound “should be washed with soap and water, dried with a clean cloth and if it does not bleed, keep it in the air, but the evolution must be observed because there is a risk of infection and to avoid that it would have to be covered with gauze or sterile material.”
Now, if it is about deep wounds or that do not heal, it is necessary that the person be taken or go to a health center.